Sunday, May 10, 2009

Inagural Post

I don't think I realize just what I've gotten myself into. I don't write well and I certainly don't write quickly. It takes me thrice as long as my other co-workers to write up a summary. That is one of the few things at my job that I don't like - all of the paperwork and documentation I have to do. I guess I should have thought about that before I became an accountant, eh?

When I decided to join the rest of the world by carving out my own little corner of the internet, I realized that my first attempt may not succeed. I'm okay with this. My main goal with this blog is to keep myself accountable. My secondary goal is to keep those who aren't too bored with me talking about my journey informed as to my progress.


Before my husband and I moved last year, he found a triathlon he wanted to do about 15 miles from our new home. I can't say I remember how the conversation went, but here I am 5 weeks away from D-Day.

I couldn't run more than 60 seconds at a time last September.
I didn't even know how to swim until last November.
My husband and I only used to ride our bikes for fun.

I now work out 5-6 times a week with a training schedule. I ran my first competitive 5K yesterday with a time of 36:24, which I am darn proud of considering my main goal was to finish in under 45:00. I'm slowly learning to not be afraid of the water. I try to ride my bike to work at least 3 days a week. In 5 weeks, I will put all of these elements together and hopefully cross that finish line knowing I can push my body to do things it didn't even know existed. My bib number written in sharpie on my arm will become my badge of honor.

I don't think I realize just what I've gotten myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment