Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One of my biggest obstacles. . .

Is working out while I'm traveling. Whether I'm traveling for work or pleasure, as soon as I get out of my normal routine, everything goes out the window.

Why can't I be more disciplined?
- I know exercise makes me feel better.
- I know exercise makes me sleep better.
- I know exercise gives me a sense of accomplishment I can't find anywhere else.

My goal in 2010 is to get better about exercise while traveling. I hope to set up a series of strength training exercises I can do in my hotel room if all else fails.

Right now, I'm blogging to the world from the business center of the Hampton Inn - AFTER 3 miles on the elliptical. Woot!

So riddle me this Internet; how do you stay motivated to exercise when you're not in your "normal" routine?

2 comments:

  1. Tough question. Maybe block it into your schedule even before you leave home... in a daily planner. And don't be too hard on yourself... you're doing great!
    ps... I LOVE the Sherpani bag... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a race in your future might help :) then its on your calendar, and you can set intermittent goals to get ready for it!

    ReplyDelete