Friday, May 20, 2011

Who has two thumbs. . .



. . .and PR'd at the 10K distance? THIS GIRL.

I was feeling a little feisty when they took my photo during the Grand Valley 10K. I also realize that this photo was taken in almost the exact same place as the one in the header on my blog.

Now, I'll admit my time was slow compared to most runners. Heck, most real runners would probably consider me a jogger. But, I don't really care. I did my personal best and I'm proud. I ran the whole thing except for the last hill (note to self: add more hills into your running training). I've also now ran 3 of the 4 distances this race offers. The only one I have left is the marathon distance.

My previous PR: 2010 Bolder Boulder - 1:13:21 (11:48 pace)
New PR: 2011 Grand Valley 10K - 1:10:55 (11:26 pace)

It's not a huge gain in time over the course of the year, but I'll take it. I read an article in Triathlete magazine that said you should add some running races into your schedule for the year, because you will never have a triathlon where you run on fresh legs. I made sure to thoroughly enjoy that feeling.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment