Sunday, July 12, 2009

I made the cut!

Of course, I'm bummed that my co-worker didn't make it in this year. She really wants to do a triathlon (its a life long goal for her). From the information I found, they closed the registration on June 21; she sent her stuff in later that week. She was going to do Highline with M and I, but her step-sister was getting married the same weekend in Las Vegas. I told her if she went to the wedding (long story on why she didn't want to go), that we would go to Glenwood together. I feel awful I have to go back on my word.

In other news, I re-worked my training schedule and had my brother-in-law and his wife take a look at it. They are quite the knowledge base! I could sit there for hours and hear stories about their training and adventures. I guess that will have to wait until we don't have 12 people at the lunch table.

Instead of using TriNewbies as I did for Highline, I modified Hal Higdon's novice half marathon schedule to incorporate all three sports. The run is 5 miles instead of 5K, so I think if I focus on that leg I can shave a lot of time off. I've worked up a preliminary "goal time" in my head, but I want to get some more training under my belt before I share it with the world.

Nine weeks to go, with promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment